Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Windows Netmeeting compatibility

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 08:14:44AM -0800, vim poweruser wrote:
> easier said than done, i am trying very hard to do it.

Mmmh and what is difficult for you?

> actually i could use a bit of help here.
> folks, why don't we among ourself try it out.
> lets fixup some time, and say half of us logon to
> gnomemeeting and other logon to netmeeting and
> try to figure it out.
> i tried to work it out with my windows only roommate
> and he went crazy when i started taking abt video
> codecs and stuff.
Well, usually windows people use things without knowing
what they do. The approach in GnomeMeeting is intentionnally
more professionnal.
There are people on #gnomemeeting, and on argo to communicate
with. Unfortunately, only about 15 people register on argo.
Many people only browse it without registering.
If we count the downloads of gnomemeeting, we can approximate that
there are at least 6500 users of GnomeMeeting, without counting
people who apt-get or download from Cooker or mirrors.
The only thing to do to be able to have a decent communication
with netmeeting is to make your friend install the ms-gsm codec.
Easy to do.
Other problems are related to your specific configuration and linux,
not GnomeMeeting. Drivers thing is a linux thing, not a gnomemeeting thing.