Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Philips 680K vs 690K

On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 01:08:28PM +0100, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> Dear all;
>
> I am new to the list and would first of all like to thank you for this
> wonderfull non-$M product. I love GnomeMeeting.

:-)

> 1) I bought a couple of Philips 680K and 690K as Xmass presents for friends
> and compared the cams. Both have "yellowish colours" in the December gloomy
> light. In fact, it seems to be the same hardware.

I don't know which models are those numbers reffering to. I have a
Vesta Pro Scan, and Rafaël has a ToUcam Pro; and I can tell you
that the colours are perfect! (look at the screenshots on gnomemeeting.org).
Perhaps is it a settings problem ?!?

> 2) I am behind a Linux firewall based on Kernel 2.4 iptables (I use
> www.fwbuilder.com to maintain iptables rules, IMHO the best GNU firewall
> available to date).
>
> Is there an easy way to tunnel out the firewall using simple masquerade. Or
> should I install the latest Mandrake Cooker kernel built in with H323 DNAT? I
> also tried to install opengk-1.0.2-1mdk.i586.rpm (H323 proxy) without
> success. I could start the proxy deamon but not kill it ... it would not
> response to a 'killall' command. The proxy seems to be quite unstable.
>
> Any experience and idea would be greatly appreciated to tunnel out an
> Iptables 2.4 Linux firewall.

I never installed such a thing, but my idea is to :
1- Install the newnat modules (see the FAQ)
2- Always enable H.245 Tunneling
3- Forward incoming connections on port 1720 from the firewall to your machine.

Another solution is to install openmcu on your firewall, and connect to it with
GM from the inside of your network. People will connect to it too.

Never forget to enable TCP port 1720 and UDP ports 5000 and 5001 on your firewall.

> 3) When shuting down my double processor computer, Linux hangs with "shutting
> down eth0" message (this bug can be reprocuded with 100%). I tried to
> "service usb stop" and it freezed my computer.

I think that it has nothing to do with USB but that it is a problem with
your network card driver. I never experienced that problem on my DUAL PIII.

Merry christmas :))