[GnomeMeeting-list] Video device not found

Hi,

I have installed the latest gnomemeeting and the accociated required packages
onto a Mandrake 8.1 machine.

The packages installed are :-

openh323_1-1.7.4-1mdk.i586.rpm
pwlib1-1.2.5-1mdk.i586.rpm
gnomemeeting-0.12.2-1mdk.i586.rpm

The installations do not produce any errors and so everything appears ok, but
when I start the program up I get the following error:-
Error opening video device /dev/video0 channel 0,
A test image will be transmitted
Error while opening device.

The Video card I am using is a Hauppauge with a BT848A chip on and its
supplied camara.

The camara works locally, ie when I switch to the camara the tv picture is
replaced by what the camara is seeing. So the camara works.

Is this type of card supported by gnomemeeting or do I need to use a
separate/specific card to be able to use gnomemeeting. or are there some
files/settings that I need to add to enable correct functioning.

btw /dev/video0 and /dev/video both exis.

They are as follows:-

lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           10 Dec 20 10:22 video -> v4l/video0
lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           10 Dec 20 10:22 video0 -> v4l/video0

--
Stephen Kitchener