Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] RE: RE: I need Redhat 7.2 or Mandrake Cooker?

Quoting hamaker (raymond hamaker skynet be):

> Damien and friends cannot offer everything on a "golden plate" for any
> distribusion.  They have other things to do.  Sometimes we have to figure it
> out by ourselfs ,it's a good occasion to learn something.

One bad thing with running binary-distributed packages is that they depend
on specific versions of named libraries because the packager who made
the packages had these versions installed at compile time.

There is nothing you can do about that but to keep your binary distributed
distribution up to date _or_ compile the program yourself with your own
library versions.

Installing a package that depends on specific libraries you don't have
will fail, this is neither Damien's fault nor is it mine (with .debs).
Some distributions (like Debian) will warn you if you try to do such.
Install the correct library depends and you'll be safe again.

Maybe I sent this to the wrong person or wrong thread, but I wanted to
say this :)

Regards,
Sander (Debian packager of GnomeMeeting)