[GnomeMeeting-list] broken packages?

Dear 135 subscribers,

there is perhaps a problem with some binary packages.
Some user like Horaccio experienced some odd behavior.

If you enable the video preview with a wrong device or channel, you
should see an error message indicating "Error while opening ...".
If this message is followed by junk charachters, please tell it on this mailing
list. This is one of the indications of a broken binary package.

The debian packager, for example, experienced that problem. It has been fixed
in the debian package. But the debian package is the only one for which we are sure
that there is no problem.

I suspect that it comes from the fact that GnomeMeeting and OpenH323 have been compiled
with different compilation flags (like -DPTRACING defined for GnomeMeeting and not OpenH323).

Please report us how it worked for us. There were a lot of downloads on the website today so far, but we have few feedback. If you experience weird problems, it is certainly not normal. Please warn us. Perhaps that the binary packages that you used are broken.

Thanks.

--
  _
 (o-      SANDRAS Damien