[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [DBUS] net.ekiga.history

Hi,

here is the interface I discussed last time :

  <interface name="net.ekiga.history">
    <method name="GetReceivedCalls">
      <arg type="u" name="at_most" direction="in"/>
      <arg type="as" direction="out"/>
    </method>
    <method name="GetPlacedCalls">
      <arg type="u" name="at_most" direction="in"/>
      <arg type="as" direction="out"/>
    </method>
    <method name="GetMissedCalls">
      <arg type="u" name="at_most" direction="in"/>
      <arg type="as" direction="out"/>
    </method>
  </interface>

Here is the list of information that *can* be available about a call in
the history (as far as I can tell -- the code uses magic values like I like them ;-) ) :
- date (stored as "yyyy/MM/dd hh:mm:ss": we can't do better)
- name
- url
- duration (not sure how it is stored)
- reason why the call ended
- software

And this is how I think it should be encoded as a string to go through
dbus (formatted for human eyes) :
<item url='sip:tricky ekiga net'>
  <date>2006/03/21 13:41:27</date>
  <name>Helpful Tester</name>
  <duration>3:14:15</duration>
  <endreason>Local user cleared the call</endreason>
  <software>Ekiga 3.14159</software>
</item>

With the following remarks :
- the url *MUST* be there (does anyone think we could one day have
something in the calls history without any url attached to it?);
- all the rest is optional ;
- of course the endreason will be translated.

This scheme should both be not-to-difficult to use, and scale well
enough if we want to add anything new to the history.

What do you think about it ?

Snark

PS: I submitted bug #335377 about the callshistory code using magic values.