[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] alsa default device

Hello,

I would like to make Ekiga automatically use my USB Headset whenever it
is plugged in. It is no problem to switch the default device to the
headset by a udev rule. But Ekiga seems to ignore any changes of the
default device after start-up.

I think if the default device is selected Ekiga should check the current
default device immediately before starting the conversation. So if
someone calls I can plug in the USB headset and accept the call.
An example of a program which seems to do this is the gnome music player
"Listen".

An even better solution (but maybe too much work?) could be if Ekiga
pops up a request whenever a new audio device appears to ask the user if
this device should be used. Such request appears e.g. under Ubuntu in
the control panel.

Thanks for Ekiga, it's really great!
Mathias