Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Refactoring of the addressbook code

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 22:53:00 +0200
Ã?ric Bischoff <ebischoff nerim net> wrote:

> (GLib vs OOP)
> Indeed! Excepted that you are just using the possibilities of the
> programming  language, not of some library.

Please note, regardless all other arguments, that an own C++-object
system will be totally independant of the used framework. In case we
leave GTK and GLib some day, the OOP approach won't need any changes.
The GObject approach would need either an equivalent in the new
framework, or a rewrite to (finally) OOP.

Beside that, I tend to say "a matter of taste".

J.

--
dreaming in digital
living in realtime