Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] KDE address book support in Ekiga

Le Dimanche 4 Juin 2006 18:08, Julien PUYDT a écrit :
> I know :-)

I know you know ;-).

> I'm refactoring the addressbook ; and I don't like that distinction
> either. I'm still trying to convince Damien and Jan my ideas can fly. I
> think Jan is already beginning to see where I go ; Damien hasn't had the
> time to dive into it.

Okay, I have not written much code yet, so there will be no problem to adapt
it to your new layout, whatever it will be.

> Ok too. We'll go with a --enable-kde at compile time. Then later on
> we'll see if it's possible to do something at runtime.

Yes, I was figuring out something like that.

> * Suggestion: use -devel-list ;-)

Yup, sorry... :-/

> * Wish: what you have written will work well with what I have in mind

See above, I have not written much yet, and it's "obvious" code anyway, so
there's no problem even if I have to restart from scratch.

> * Encouragement: I like the idea very much, and appreciate your working
> on ekiga

Thank you for the warm welcome, Julien :-).

> * Criticism: couldn't you do that either long before or just after the
> re-architecturing? ;-)

No. Did you hear about Murphy's law ? ;-)

> * Offer for help: uh... I'm refactoring, and it may help (the api I ask
> from "addressbooks" is much lighter).

Indeed.

--
Éric