Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] IAX2 In Ekiga

Le vendredi 02 juin 2006 à 21:55 +1200, Stephen Cook a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I haven't introduced myself here before, I am Stephen Cook (siti).  My
> proposal for implementing IAX2 in ekiga got accepted with google's
> summer of code.
>
> To give an update (I'll try and keep you guys regularly posted as to
> what's happening, any problems etc.).
>
> Currently I have been looking at the code to gain an understanding of
> ekiga and opal's code and design.  Also obviously checking out the IAX2
> code in opal :).  From what I have seen and got working, I will work on
> getting IAX2 going in ekiga first.  The main part of this will obviously
> involve writing a gnome meeting endpoint for IAX2.

I would say that the main part will be to write / finish the IAX2 code
in OPAL, either new code, or reusing the current code so that all
features that you see in SIP and H.323 are also available for IAX2.

Your first project will be to look the limitations of the current code
and write a document showing what features you have tested, what work is
required to complete them, and what new work is required for new
features (Call Hold, Call Transfer, Registering, Call Forward, ...).

Writing the endpoint in Ekiga is the last part of the project once the
code in OPAL is full functional. Ekiga only contains high-level code.

> One key problem I have identified is the accounts code.  The protocols
> are tightly integrated with how it works.  I could either refactor this
> code to loosen the integration or hack iax2 support in there and
> refactor it later ;).  The advantage of this refactored will be when
> someone wants to add Xmpp/libjingle support, or some other protocol down
> the track.

I would concentrate first on IAX2 in OPAL, then on IAX2 in Ekiga, and
finally perhaps to a refactoring of the accounts code as it is not the
primary purpose of the Google SoC :)

(o-
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net
                         sip:600000 ekiga net