Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] involve in development of Ekiga (multiple instances)

thomas schorpp a écrit :
I want to be involved in development of Ekiga.

great, welcome :) damien sandras is maintainer

Yes.

I'm developer of
automatic testing system for SIP server. I use Perl for it.

so You want to join as QA-Personnel?

*lol*

I want to be able to run several instances of Ekiga on PC. I think a can
develop such feature(for SIP server), but i need some help.

this feature is already in, use a own UNIX account for every new instance.
home work: read the mailinglist archives :D

Yes, this would work, but I'm curious if it wouldn't be possible to do this with some gconf daemon duplication (perhaps dbus too, but that one is easy, it's just a case of dbus-launching things :-) ).

I'm new in development of OpenSource, but I use Debian Linux on my home
desktop. Also I'm a student, i need any mentor for this.

home work: read the docs about how to start, join and maintain as member of an OSS project at the usual places.

This is perhaps a little too hard and harsh :-)

OSS developers are busy and theres mostly no time left to "mentor" someone,

Well, we can still mentor from far away :-)

same goes for the whole proprietary software industry, "mentors" are only officials.
to get accepted in OSS You must prove Your idependent working, intelligence and creativity and team skills as your university surely demands the same from you for becoming a candidate for bachelor/master of computer science ;)

Well, a little too harsh again :-)

if You claim to be a University member so state Your University and Your University Professor/Mentor first, pls. Dont use freemail contacts.

I don't have issues with gmail accounts :-)