Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] involve in development of Ekiga (multiple instances)

Wasyl a écrit :
I want to be involved in development of Ekiga.

Nice.

I'm developer of
automatic testing system for SIP server. I use Perl for it.
I want to be able to run several instances of Ekiga on PC. I think a can
develop such feature(for SIP server), but i need some help.

It should be possible to do that -- will require some gconf magic probably so the various instances don't step on each other's toes :-)

I think for it is necessary:
 * be able to specify a port for SIP

In gconf.

 * test current port for availability

Hmmm... should be done before ekiga starts :-/

 * possibility to automatic select available port

Hmmm... probably external from ekiga :-/

 * possibility to select account from command line

Hmmm... can probably be done in gconf.

I'm new in development of OpenSource, but I use Debian Linux on my home
desktop.

Very good choice *g*

Also I'm a student, i need any mentor for this.

Well, if you expect direct, fast and reliable help, you'll have a hard time -- especially in this season! -- but we'll try to help.

The first hurdle will probably be to get gconf to behave : whenever you change the preferences in gconf, you'll impact all running instances -- which is bad. There must be some way to get around this by running a separate gconf daemon for each instance, or something like this. I would dig in that direction.