Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] involve in development of Ekiga (multiple instances)

Wasyl wrote:
Hi,

I want to be involved in development of Ekiga.

great, welcome :) damien sandras is maintainer

I'm developer of
automatic testing system for SIP server. I use Perl for it.

so You want to join as QA-Personnel?

I want to be able to run several instances of Ekiga on PC. I think a can
develop such feature(for SIP server), but i need some help.

this feature is already in, use a own UNIX account for every new instance.
home work: read the mailinglist archives :D

I think for it is necessary:
 * be able to specify a port for SIP
 * test current port for availability
 * possibility to automatic select available port
 * possibility to select account from command line

outbound socket ports? its already in.

I'm new in development of OpenSource, but I use Debian Linux on my home
desktop. Also I'm a student, i need any mentor for this.

home work: read the docs about how to start, join and maintain as member of an OSS project at the usual places. OSS developers are busy and theres mostly no time left to "mentor" someone, same goes for the whole proprietary software industry, "mentors" are only officials. to get accepted in OSS You must prove Your idependent working, intelligence and creativity and team skills as your university surely demands the same from you for becoming a candidate for bachelor/master of computer science ;)

if You claim to be a University member so state Your University and Your University Professor/Mentor first, pls. Dont use freemail contacts.

Best regards,
  Taff

tom