Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] The revolution has begun

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 12:08:33AM +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:

> >> What about an improved version of the phone in the text chat window?
> >>
> >> CJ can you have a look?
> >
> > Yes, the phone icon is much better than the plugs. Perhaps it should be
> > green for call and red for hang-up like Jan suggested?
>
> Please check it in the chat window. The phone changes its state when being
> clicked. I don't like having 2 buttons, but having a phone "on hook" and
> "off hook" seems intuitive to me.
>
> Doesn't it?

Yes, two buttons would not be a good idea.

I'm not sure "on hook"/"off hook" is as intuitive as it might seem though.
Every mobile phone in the world has a green "off hook" handset icon for the
dial function and a red "on hook" handset icon for hang up.

The chat window button is very different. It has a red "on hook" icon for
dial and a red "off hook" icon for hang up, which is pretty much the
opposite of a mobile phone.

I don't think that's good.

> Of course, I will ask for new icons, but the principle will stay the same.

Is jimmac going to do them again? I really like his work.

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj vdbonline com
  xmpp:cj vdbonline com