Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Ekiga 1.99.1 with XLite

Le mardi 14 février 2006 à 13:05 +0100, Soenke Schwardt a écrit :
> thomas schorpp <t schorpp gmx de> wrote:
> > Soenke Schwardt wrote:
> >> A direct call to a local Cisco IP Phone 7960 resulted in the
> >> same audio effect. The phone plays the audio data slower,
> >> e.g. saying "one..two..three.." within 3 seconds results in
> >> "oooonnnneee... twwwooooo... ttthhhrrreeeee" on the Cisco IP Phone
> >> which lasts about 5 to 6 seconds. Switching echo cancellation off
> >> makes no difference. Sounds awful. Since the phone wasn't able to
> >> speak GSM, I couldn't check if other codecs are ok.
> >>
> >> Greetings,
> >>
> >>  Sönke
> >>
> >> PS: I'm using Ekiga 1.99.0-20060118 debian snapshots
> >>

> > snapshot too old.
>
> The problem does still exist with Ekiga 1.99.1-20060213-02.
>
> I've got two of those Cisco "IP Phone 7960" hardware phones with
> different firmware versions. With both no luck. The phones seem to
> play audio with half speed and drop audio regularly.

With what codec?

That's weird, because it has been tested with several brands of phones:
SwissVoice, SNOM, SIPURA, ZYXEL, and has never given a problem.

I guess there must be something weird going on with CISCO phones and
probably XLite.
(o-
//\     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org
        SIP Phone   : sip:dsandras gnomemeeting net
                      sip:600000 gnomemeeting net