Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] WIN32 report

Michael,

Am Montag, den 17.04.2006, 19:29 +0200 schrieb Michael Rickmann:
> none of my formerly mailed patches is upto date any longer since work has been
> done on bugzilla. Half of the bugs which Julien had filed have been dealt
> with completely. Patches where a common code base between Linux and Win32 is
> desirable need a bit longer.

Ok, thanks for the update.

> Currently I would include two patches into the Win32 build process (see
> attachment), SDL fullscreen and audio setup ringbuffer size.

Good.

> 1) approches still the old problem. I think it would help to have it tested
> more intensively.

is "not yet tested enough" objecting to put this into ekiga/win32 cvs
head version under the ifdef of win32 and sdl-enabled? If a user chooses
to have the win32-sdl-version then i think he should get it by default.
Furthermore if this is know to break any known setups, then this should
be addressed nevertheless. ;)

> 6) is minor. It gives you a true 4 second delay in the audio setup and not 1.5
> s as it turns out on Win32.

Sounds sane to me and further, sounds like it's generically needed on
win32. Thus, same as above, why not put it one level further up?

> I am also thinking of the installer for Windows
> ( http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~mrickma/ekiga/ ), Do you think you can run Inno
> Setup ( http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php ) under Linux Wine
> ( http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb ) in your build environment? Inno
> is extremely well behaving, can be started from the command line, but wishes
> to show its window. I know our build environments are only similar.

Well, my environment is a ppc box. Thus, I can try if wine will eat ppc
and still emulate the code properly. Yet the building is done by cron in
a headless state which will not allow for any GUI. Thus, to get this
working, it would need me to setup something like a vncserver to satisfy
any requirement for an X11 or alike. Do you reckon there is no such
thing as a batchmode for inno setup? Furthermore, I was actually
considering using the original Microsoft MSI tools which are free to use
and are built using .NET so they can be run in mono even on ppc (at
least the --help). Unfortunately this would need someone writing me a
proper MSI that I could decompile into XML as a template and then feed
the new built files back into. Craig wanted to look to this, but so far
he has obviously not found the time to do so. Don't you think that MSI
is such a more preferable format over a plain EXE installer? ;)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian