[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: video jitter buffer in Gnomemeeting

Hi,

Le mercredi 26 octobre 2005 à 10:19 +0100, roberto rossi a écrit :
> Hi,
>

> i used gnomemeeting for a while and i noticed that video stream is
> much more sensitive to jitter then audio stream. I thought that this
> was caused by the absence of a video de-jittering buffer meanwhile
> there is an audio de-jittering buffer.
>
> If there is no de-jittering buffer for video then how does
> gnomemeeting react to video data loss and video data jitter?

The codec is reacting to data loss itself. The reason why there is no
jitter buffer for video is that for audio, data loss has an immediate
impact on the call quality. That's not true for video.

[...]

> PS: Do you Skype , with Skype you can phone for free. I phone for
> hours with my friends and it don´t cost a penny
> It’s free to download

No, I don't use Skype for several reasons.

> Email2me is probably the best email in the world.
> andit is Free

v_/_    SIP Phone   : sip:dsandras gnomemeeting net
                      sip:600000 gnomemeeting net