Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [3d round] Dbus' future in gnomemeeting

Julien PUYDT a écrit :
Well, I tend to agree but I'm pretty sure the IM developpers will call for blood if launching their app launches gnomemeeting too ;-)

At startup they should try to get gnomemeeting's version through dbus ; that will help them know if gnomemeeting is really there -- and hence to publish their VoIP caps only if it is available.

Calling GetVersion on dbus will auto-launch the program responsible for that service, so it makes sense to push it into a very small helper.