Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [2nd round] Dbus' future in gnomemeeting

Hannes Ebner a �it :
Julien PUYDT wrote:

Will it be possible to request the status per account?

Hmmm... the status is per call, not per account.

Ok, I rephrase my question. ;)

I want to know whether GnomeMeeting is online or not (with a specific
account), how will I figure this out?

A running GnomeMeeting does not mean that all configured accounts are
online as well.

Would it be possible to implement something like this:

enum AccountState {Online, Offline};

Then we would also need this:

* "GetAccountList"
 in    : nil
 out   : list of strings (call tokens)

Ah. That is more clear indeed. Something like those method calls :
* "GetAccountsList"
 in    : nil
 out   : list of strings (account names)
* "Register"
 in    : string (account name)
 out   : nil
* "Unregister"
 in    : string (account name)
 out   : nil

and this signal :
* "account-register"
 data  : string (account name), boolean (t/f = registered/unregistered)

Question : is a string enough ? Will there only ever be a single type of account, or shouldn't we think something more generic ?