Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] SIP, RTP ports and firewall

Damien Sandras a écrit :

Le mercredi 30 novembre 2005 à 11:14 +0100, Daniel Huhardeaux a écrit :
Damien Sandras a écrit :

Hello,

So the problem is fixed. Good news !!

PS: the fact that it can't create the sockets is due to the router. No
idea why though.

I wouldn't share you enthusiasm: 3~4 days ago it was working. Please
reread previous mails where I said that a minimum of 9 ports have to be
open to make it work. And now, it's broken again. It's not a question
of router.

It is a question of router. The STUN code didn't change since several
months, so if it can not create a pair of sockets, then it is because
the router doesn't allow it.

When using STUN for RTP/RTCP, you have to find two open ports on the
router with RTCP port = RTP port + 1, they must be consecutive.

If the range is small, and if your router is busy, it could happen that
it can not open a hole for 2 consecutive ports on it, because those
ports are already used by other applications. In that case, it will
fail.

I hope it makes sense.
Damien, since 2 weeks I use GM with 16384:16392 ports open, was OK. Went back to 6970:6979, not working too. Then 6970:7170 (original parameters) and it's ok. Still a router problem ;-)?

I told few days ago that on my firewall, 16384:16388 ports where opened for one UA (=one IP address). SjPhone as well as XLite can live with this, GM no. I tested and saw that for GM I had to open 9 consecutive ports, what I did and it was ok. And now again failure.

--
Daniel