Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Patch for Openh323 and gcc4

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:46:01 -0500
Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:

>   Hi Damien and all,
>
> Sorry it's not pure development informations, but since I had a patch
> I though it was the right place to post.

The OpenH323 list would be a better place, and the Openh323 bug tracker
on SourceForge would be even better :)

> I rebuilt pwlib-1.8.4 / openh323-1.15.3 / gnomemeeting-1.2.1
> for Fedora Core 4 with gcc4.

I did a test build using gcc 4 several weeks ago without any problems.

Can you tell me what gcc version you are using?

> It's nearly clean, the main problems
> remaining are:
>    - cast from pointers to int in openh323 that gcc4 considers a
>      fatal error now (apparently it wasn't fixed in CVS as far as
>      I can tell so patch enclosed)

One of these patches was applied to the current CVS several weeks ago.
The patch to speexcodec.cxx looks very weird - I'd like to see that
cleaned up.

>    - the config.guess of pwlib is so old that doesn't seems to know
>      about ppc64, maybe an update at the next release would be a good idea

I guess I need a new autoconf on my system :)

>    - removing symbol tables in pwlib/make/unix.mak break our debuginfo
>      LDFLAGS += -s
>      has to be removed in our build, no idea if it annoys anybody else

IIRC, this was removed in the latest CVS

   Craig

 Craig Southeren      craigs postincrement com / craigs voxgratia org

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243673140      MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 Mobile: +61 417231046   Jabber: craigs jabber voxgratia org

 Post Increment - Consulting & Services    http://www.postincrement.com
 Vox Gratia - The Open Source VoIP portal  http://www.voxgratia.org
 Raving Of A Strange Mind - the VoIP blog  http://www.southeren.com/blog