Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Patch for Openh323 and gcc4

Hi Daniel :)

Le vendredi 18 mars 2005 à 09:46 -0500, Daniel Veillard a écrit :
>   Hi Damien and all,
>
> Sorry it's not pure development informations, but since I had a patch
> I though it was the right place to post.

It is the right place. I have forwarded the mail to Craig Southeren
(maintainer of OpenH323), but he is subscribed here, so he would have
read the e-mail.

> I rebuilt pwlib-1.8.4 / openh323-1.15.3 / gnomemeeting-1.2.1
> for Fedora Core 4 with gcc4. It's nearly clean, the main problems
> remaining are:
>    - cast from pointers to int in openh323 that gcc4 considers a
>      fatal error now (apparently it wasn't fixed in CVS as far as
>      I can tell so patch enclosed)
>    - the config.guess of pwlib is so old that doesn't seems to know
>      about ppc64, maybe an update at the next release would be a good idea
>    - removing symbol tables in pwlib/make/unix.mak break our debuginfo
>      LDFLAGS += -s
>      has to be removed in our build, no idea if it annoys anybody else

Craig will take care of the patch, for me it looks good anyway.

> It seems to work :-) I tried a session between i686 and x86_64, i.e.
> 32 and 64 bits builds without apparent troubles.

Good!

> W.r.t. packaging, I also recompiled 1.2.1 on RHEL4 (1.2.0 is shipped by
> default), so it may also rebuild without troubles on FC3, tell me if this
> is needed and who I should contact about packaging in that case,

If it is easy for you to recompile it on FC3 too, it would be nice.
Once it is done you can mail me privately URL's for SRPMs and RPMs and I
will mirror them on www.gnomemeeting.org.

Thank you very much for your work, it is largely appreciated here! (and
you are welcome in #gnomemeeting too).