Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] 1.3.0 and SIP registration

Hi again:
I was wrong. the functionality is already there.
I went to Preferences/Personal Data/Add Account (SIP with userid and password), select the "A" besides it, and it registers!
Guys, this is brilliant work!

I will continue playing with it.
Carlos H.
LSL

Carlos Hernandez wrote:

Hello list:

First of all, very thankful for SIP in GM.
Second, I used it as per Pete's instructions and RPMs.

I can dial out through a local SIP proxy (asterisk) successfully. I would like to know if we could have a register option as in Kphone/

When I do register on Kphone, I can do this in the Asterisk console:
asterisk*CLI> sip show peers
Name/username Host Dyn Nat ACL Mask Port Status carlos/carlos 192.168.0.18 D 255.255.255.255 5060 OK (2 ms)

As you can see, it shows up Status (2 ms), carlos's IP address.. this is very useful on troubleshooting of connections.

When using GM, I get this:
asterisk*CLI> sip show peers
Name/username Host Dyn Nat ACL Mask Port Status carlos/carlos (Unspecified) D 255.255.255.255 0 UNKNOWN

If anyone can instruct me how to copy some source code from Kphone, and more important, what to use to compile things, I'd be happy to give it a try.

Many thanks,
Carlos Hernandez
LSL