Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Network options - OPAL

> Hi Peter,
>
> Le mardi 07 juin 2005 à 11:41 +0100, Peter Robinson a écrit :
> > Hi Damien,
> >
> > Just a thought regarding the option to set a Network interface to
> > listen on. Is it possible to have an option in the list 'any' or 'all'
> > which would listen on what ever interfaces that are available? Sort of
>
> I think I have already answered that question a bit earlier, but I'm not
> sure anymore. The problem if you do so, is that OPAL is broken and will
> send one PDU for each interface. This seems to be correct, however, it
> confuses many proxies, including Asterisk.
>
> Craig and Robert are aware of the problem. However, I do not intent to
> code anymore on OPAL until they do, or until they start being more
> collaborative.
>
> The problem is always the same, I'm alone, and I have relatively few
> time. I wanted to fix one more problem in OPAL and contacted Robert, but
> I got no answer to my request. Probably he had no time, which I
> understand. However, when you work on the evening on one problem, have
> one question, and have to wait 2 weeks to get an answer or not, it gives
> unnecessary headaches.
>
> I have thus taken my decision, you won't see any commit anymore in OPAL
> until they start maintaining it again. If they don't, then GnomeMeeting
> will die. It is not a threat, it is just a question of not having the
> time and of being bored by Open Source coding: much time taken,
> relatively few help, ...

Hi Damien,

No problems at all and I fully understand your position. I wasn't
wanting to be painful and more just sending feedback, it doesn't
overly bother me. Hopefully the associated people can get back onto
OPAL soon a it and gnomemeeting are showing great potential and it'd
be a huge pity to see it die.

Cheers,
Pete