Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Network options - OPAL

Hi Peter,

Le mardi 07 juin 2005 à 11:41 +0100, Peter Robinson a écrit :
> Hi Damien,
>
> Just a thought regarding the option to set a Network interface to
> listen on. Is it possible to have an option in the list 'any' or 'all'
> which would listen on what ever interfaces that are available? Sort of

I think I have already answered that question a bit earlier, but I'm not
sure anymore. The problem if you do so, is that OPAL is broken and will
send one PDU for each interface. This seems to be correct, however, it
confuses many proxies, including Asterisk.

Craig and Robert are aware of the problem. However, I do not intent to
code anymore on OPAL until they do, or until they start being more
collaborative.

The problem is always the same, I'm alone, and I have relatively few
time. I wanted to fix one more problem in OPAL and contacted Robert, but
I got no answer to my request. Probably he had no time, which I
understand. However, when you work on the evening on one problem, have
one question, and have to wait 2 weeks to get an answer or not, it gives
unnecessary headaches.

I have thus taken my decision, you won't see any commit anymore in OPAL
until they start maintaining it again. If they don't, then GnomeMeeting
will die. It is not a threat, it is just a question of not having the
time and of being bored by Open Source coding: much time taken,
relatively few help, ...