Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Bind to all interfaces

Le vendredi 02 décembre 2005 à 10:15 +0100, Hannes Ebner a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Following Craig and Robert, it is not possible either to determine what
> > interface to use when a call is done.
> >
> > So I do not say it is not possible, I just do not know any solution to
> > the problem.
>
> could GM look into the routing table and take the interface through
> which the default gateway is connected?
> This could be either done at the startup or from time to time (and if
> something changed it rebinds to the new default interface) while GM is
> running. Just an idea...

It will not work in all the cases.

> Btw, how does GM react now on DHCP updates when the IP changes? I guess
> GM will not send a new REGISTER message until the old expires, leading
> to no connection for a while. Or am I wrong?

You are right. But I think it is the case for all softphones/IP Phones I
know. We should test.
(o-
//\     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org
        SIP Phone   : sip:dsandras gnomemeeting net
                      sip:600000 gnomemeeting net