Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Dialpad keys problem

Le jeudi 01 décembre 2005 à 17:19 +0100, CJ van den Berg a écrit :
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 05:05:15PM +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Le jeudi 01 décembre 2005 à 16:55 +0100, CJ van den Berg a écrit :
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > using the dialpad to place calls behaves strangely. Digits typed on the
> > > dialpad (with the mouse or on the keyboard's numberpad) are always
> > > appended to the number in the edit box. Even if I select the text in the
> > > edit box and type a number the selection is removed and the numbers are
> > > appended. This is quite confusing and seems very non-intuitive. Is it
> > > intended behaviour?
> > >

> > It was the intended behavior. It has changed in 1.9.0 (the upcoming
> > 2.00).
>
> Sorry, I completely forgot to mention, I am using 1.9.0 (yesterday's
> snapshot)

Ah, then I don't understand what disturbs you. If you are not in a call,
using the dialpad will output the numbers in the url bar. If you are in
a call, they are sent as DTMFs instead.

What do you think is wrong with that behavior, or better, what do you
think the correct behavior should be?

> > > Using the (non-number pad) number keys on the keyboard works as
> > > expected, but only if the edit box is selected first. (and the Dialpad
> > > keys don't flash)
> > >

> > Exactly.
>
> Well, yes, but how does that make it not-a-bug?

Using the number keys produces the same behavior than when you press any key on the keyboard.
It will never be sent as a DTMF, it is just normal editing of the URL bar.

Using the keypad numbers is considered as dialing DTMFs, and is thus not classical URL bar editing.

I need to keep both approaches. Imagine you are in a call, and want to modify, for some reason,
the IP address in your URL bar. If you do not want to send DTMFs, you will use the keyboard.
Imagine you are in a call and need to enter a PIN to identify yourself to the system, you will
do this sending DTMFs, in that case, you will use the keypad.

If I associate both the keypad and the keyboard to the action of sending DTMFs, then you will be unable
to edit your URL entry during a call...
(o-
//\     GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_    FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org
        SIP Phone   : sip:dsandras gnomemeeting net
                      sip:600000 gnomemeeting net