Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Dialpad keys problem

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 05:05:15PM +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le jeudi 01 décembre 2005 à 16:55 +0100, CJ van den Berg a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > using the dialpad to place calls behaves strangely. Digits typed on the
> > dialpad (with the mouse or on the keyboard's numberpad) are always
> > appended to the number in the edit box. Even if I select the text in the
> > edit box and type a number the selection is removed and the numbers are
> > appended. This is quite confusing and seems very non-intuitive. Is it
> > intended behaviour?
> >

> It was the intended behavior. It has changed in 1.9.0 (the upcoming
> 2.00).

Sorry, I completely forgot to mention, I am using 1.9.0 (yesterday's
snapshot)

> They are only displayed if you are not in a call. If you are in a
> call, they are not displayed at all.

What is not displayed? The dialpad? Nothing changes when I am in a call
here...

> > Also, the return key activates the last clicked (ie. focused) dialpad
> > key, which is also non-intuitive and serves no purpose that I can see.
> > Backspace has a similar problem in that it only works if the edit box is
> > selected.
>
> See above.

I don't understand the above.

> > Using the (non-number pad) number keys on the keyboard works as
> > expected, but only if the edit box is selected first. (and the Dialpad
> > keys don't flash)
> >

> Exactly.

Well, yes, but how does that make it not-a-bug?

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj vdbonline com
  xmpp:cj vdbonline com