[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: [OpenH323]VIDEO ISSUE SOLVED:Reg Latest Openh323 compilation in Linux

Le jeudi 02 septembre 2004 à 19:46 +1000, Craig Southeren a écrit :

> The issue is whether the device list should have the device names. I
> agree that filtering out the device names is an awful hack, and I don't
> think you should it, because I think the list should contain both types.
> However, As GM is your program, this is your call as to what is done.

Ah well, I don't think many users will find it normal to have
both /dev/video0 and "Philips ToUCam Pro" as available devices in the
list when it is the same. That's not logical.

To put it another way, the V4L plugin has now be adapted for ohphone
users, introducing a broken hack that will require to add another broken
hack in other user programs than ohphone so that they still work in a
clean way.

Having all devices listed twice is certainly not clean and is just a
hack. Removing duplicatas in user programs is another hack, but it is
your choice and I only gave my opinion :-)

> On a related issue, what happens with the friendly names if two
> identical devices are plugged in? How do you choose between them?

A good plugin should add something like [1] at the end of the device
name.
//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org