[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: [OpenH323]VIDEO ISSUE SOLVED:Reg Latest Openh323 compilation in Linux

Le jeudi 02 septembre 2004 à 19:27 +1000, Craig Southeren a écrit :
> Damien,
>
> I think that the driver should definitely work with both "friendly"
> names and device names. If I had known that device names had been
> disabled, then I would have applied the patch myself :)
>
> The main issue is that when using a command line interface, it is
> easier to type "/dev/video0" rather than "USB Camera v1.0 From Big
> Company (C) 1999", especially as the spaces may have to be individually
> escaped.

That's the reason why it also works if you specify "USB" or "Camera" or
"Big Company".

> If you don't want GM users to see device names, then ensure that you
> filter out anything that matches the spec "/dev/*" before displaying the
> list. But I think it is essential that the underlying library (and hence
> the plugins) work with device names

I will do that, but I think it is a totally broken and awful hack.

Probably ohphone should be fixed, but the plugin should not return both
in the same function because that leads user application to need the
knowledge of the specific behavior of a given plugin to be able to use
them, so the plugins system is not generic anymore and is pointless.
//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org