Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Has anyone compiled GM on Windows?

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:54:57 +0200
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> The current status is :
> - GM Linux is now compilable using only GTK+ and Openh323.
> - That version of GM Linux that doesn't rely on any GNOME libs has not
> been much tested
> - Xavier has compiled that version of GM Linux on Windows
> - It has not been tested, and there are only a few workarounds to GTK+
> problems, more workarounds are probably needed
>
> Now :
> - I'm not ready to test it
> - I'm not ready to install Visual C++ and debug myself
>
> As a conclusion :
> - I rely entirely on Xavier who will be doing it in his spare time
>
> I can publish an executable, but I fear people test it, report 1 zillion
> problems due to the broken GTK+ and then think it is crap and conclude
> GnomeMeeting is crap. So I'm only ready to publish this to a few
> persons, including you if you want to code on it.
>
> Please let me know if you are interested in debugging it.

OK - I'm interested in debugging it. ;)

I extracted the GM source from the CVS about a while ago, and the win32
build stuff did not work. Is the current build environment in the CVS
now?

Also, do you have a current email contact address for Xavier?

   Craig

 Craig Southeren      craigs postincrement com / craigs voxgratia org

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243673140      MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 Mobile: +61 417231046   Jabber: craigs jabber voxgratia org

 Post Increment - Consulting & Services    http://www.postincrement.com
 Vox Gratia - The Open Source VoIP portal  http://www.voxgratia.org
 Raving Of A Strange Mind - the VoIP blog  http://www.southeren.com/blog