Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] W32 portage

Hi Craig,

Am Mittwoch, den 01.12.2004, 10:26 +1100 schrieb Craig Southeren:
> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:15:57 +0100
> Kilian Krause <kk verfaction de> wrote:
>
> ..deleted
>
> > > I think this is the best and simplest route for a "free" compile
> > > environment on Windows, unless there is another idea?
> >
> > has anyone bothered asking M$ support for help on the missing DLL?
> > Craig, could you maybe ask them how this free MSVC is supposed to work
> > without that DLL? (i guess you just know best where to reach their
> > support *g*)
>
> I've since confirmed that the missing DLL is only available as part of
> the commercial package. Apparently, vcbuild is intended for users who
> already have the full install but don't want to use the standard devenv
> program (for some reason)

well, but even a company like M$ wouldn't roll out a "free compiler
suite" that's not working for a commercial DLL is missing. So what's the
deal? Are we overchallenging the suite by approaching the wrong way?
What's the tool to use if not vcbuild?

Somewhat i just can't believe this MSVC free edition can't be made work
when the fully blown IDE works fine.. Very apparently we miss a piece of
the puzzle, but which one?

--
Best regards,
 Kilian