Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] W32 portage

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 00:39:47 +0100
Kilian Krause <kk verfaction de> wrote:

..deleted

> well, but even a company like M$ wouldn't roll out a "free compiler
> suite" that's not working for a commercial DLL is missing. So what's the
> deal? Are we overchallenging the suite by approaching the wrong way?
> What's the tool to use if not vcbuild?

The free MS compiler works just fine, using make (just like the gnu
tools).

vcbuild is a completely seperate program intended for use with the
full package.

> Somewhat i just can't believe this MSVC free edition can't be made work
> when the fully blown IDE works fine.. Very apparently we miss a piece of
> the puzzle, but which one?

When I first saw it, I though vcbuild was intended for use with the free
package. But now I know it is not, so we can ignore it. My apologies for
the confusion, but I am learning about the free compiler just like
everyone else :)

If we want to use the free MS compiler, then we need to build a make
file that will work with it.

   Craig

 Craig Southeren      craigs postincrement com / craigs voxgratia org

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243673140      MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 Mobile: +61 417231046   Jabber: craigs jabber voxgratia org

 Post Increment - Consulting & Services    http://www.postincrement.com
 Vox Gratia - The Open Source VoIP portal  http://www.voxgratia.org
 Raving Of A Strange Mind - the VoIP blog  http://www.southeren.com/blog