Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Comments on the coding rules in the wiki

> > Simply to have the same behavior everywhere. Having one type of function
> > doing one thing and another type of functions doing things in another
> > way is misleading and confusing.
>
> It is neither misleading nor confusing: the functions that are available
> 'outside', _have to use_ the GtkWidget*, because that's the only thing
> the rest of gnomemeeting can use to communicate with them, and the first
> thing they do is calling g_object_get_data to have the information they
> really care for. The static functions have no good reason to get the
> GtkWidget*.

You have convinced me on that one. STATIC callbacks should now use the
private structure as data pointer.

I also added/changed 2 things :
- contextual menus should be created with the object they are attached
to.
- if you build a part of the GUI, it should be put in its initial state
just after you create it, at the same place, and not in the creation
function. The only exception is for menus.

I'm a bit confused about that one. For example, I create the prefs
window in GnomeMeeting::BuildGUI, but where should I initialize the list
of available devices and available codecs? In BuildGUI right after the
creation or in the EndPoint initialization? I consider it should be put
in its initial state just right after the creation. Only the menus can
be put in their initial state during the creation, because it is more
convenient ;)

Julien any comment on this?

Damien