[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] GnomeMeeting CVS

Hey to all,

Damien is back !

GnomeMeeting CVS now supports the codecs plugins from the latest
OpenH323. It is a preliminary support, meaning that :
* The code needs to be cleaned, but I needed a working version for
Johnny
* Moving up and down codecs in the table should make the codecs list
scroll to the new location of the selected codec
* The available codecs list should not list Quicknet hardware codecs if
no Quicknet card is used, and it should only list really available and
usable codecs, currently everything is lised

For packagers, I suggest packaging the core codecs in the main
libopenh323 RPM or DEB and not in separate codecs. I consider all codecs
as core codecs, even the GSM one.

Speex could however be packaged on the form of a plugin, but I'm not
sure about that one. However, GSM, iLBC, G.711, G.726, ADPCM should be
part of the core.

ADPCM should be usable with Netmeeting, and it uses half the bandwidth
of G.711, and twice the bandwidth of GSM. If somebody wants to try and
report...

Next step will be H.263+.

Damien