Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Problems with openmcu and gnomemeeting-1.0

Am Freitag, 5. März 2004 17:26 schrieb Kilian Krause:
> Hi David,
>
> > OK, now back to the openmcu problem.  I built version 1.1.7.  It runs,
> > albeit with occasional crashes, and sort of works.  However, when
> > anybody types in the text-message window, I or the other people
> > connected don't see anything.  My understanding is that we should all
> > see the mcu repeating the message.  I've built a debugging version of
> > openmcu and ran with -t -t -t.  The log shows nothing related to any
> > of the text being typed.
>
> that's perfectly normal with openmcu. You have just described the
> intended functionality with openmcu (i.e. it does *NOT* relay
> text-chat). Moreover the regular stability issues are also pretty
> "normal", even if not really desirable.
>
> Text chat is only 1:1 with GM-GM connections...

You _should_ have participated the virtual release party, then you knew that
you are wrong ... Openmcu relays text chat, but you cannot identify who has
written the text, as every message is is shown as coming from the MCU (as
Damien has written). During the release party, this has heavily been used,
with up to 9 participants simultanously, approximately 5-10 crashes during 5
hours, IIRC all happening when someone joined the conference. Used version
was 1.1.9 from CVS.

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/