Re: GUI Reorganization (was Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] About the name change)

Le mer, 23/06/2004 à 11:27 +0200, Kilian Krause a écrit :
> Hi Damien,
>
> > I could also reorganize things and have different modes :
> > - Compact Softphone : Dialpad only, during calls text chat and video
> > window are shown if needed
> > - Deployed : Everything visible
> > - Classic : only the video window and the control panel shown
>
> that does sound most mature.

Yes, that's a possibility I'm thinking about since about 1 year.
In that case, I would remove the current View settings, you would only
have good predefined modes.

> > Finally, another possibility, perhaps "more" scalable, would be to
> > remove the video window from GnomeMeeting and always use separate
> > windows for that (= currt Both mode)
>
> Well, i do prefer having less windows on my desktop, so i'm against this
> one. The alternative I however do have is to add a toggle
> View in main
> 	> Video
> 	> Dialpad
>
> And remove the Dialpad from the control panel.

Good idea too, I don't know how it would look with the Dialpad and the
control panel at the same time, but it would certainly be good.
//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org