Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] New addressbook

Le mar, 01/06/2004 à 09:37 +0930, Malcolm Caldwell a écrit :

> Will there still be a way of registering to an ILS server if desired?
> (I can't think of a good reason over using a gatekeeper but someone
> might want one)

No, I will remove it from the GUI. If we let it, we will end up with
half of the GnomeMeeting users on ILS, and the rest on the
Gatekeeper/LDAP. In 1.2, the code should stay, so it will still be
possible, but hidden.

> I guess my only concern is this will be confusing to most users.  Maybe
> a few pre-canned options?

Yes, there will be a default for seconix.com. For the rest, I suppose
that only admins will use it and will know what to do.

Of course, when adding a new address book, I will try to have good
default valus. I also thought creating a configuration druid for that.
But I will certainly do an autodetect button that will detect the
possible "base" and the possible "attributes", at least, the most
common.
//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org