Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] New addressbook

Le lun, 31/05/2004 à 23:28 +0200, Kilian Krause a écrit :
> Hi Damien,
>
> apart from the comment that your "fix" still doesn't compile on non-eds
> platforms, here's my though to the following ;)

I will compile here and fix it. That is some trivial stuff.

> > As you can see, you have several possibilities :
> > - ILS without gatekeeper : rfc822mailbox
> > - LDAP with H.350 and a gatekeeper : alias (the gatekeeper registered
> > alias)
> > - LDAP without H.350 but with a gatekeeper : rfc822mailbox
> > - LDAP without H.323 and without a gatekeeper but with e164 :
> > telephoneNumber
>
> nice.. can i differentiate within the same LDAP server which one to use?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
For the local contacts, you can specify whatever URL you want.
For the remote contacts, the attribute to use is global to each LDAP
server. That's logical as you don't know in advance the list of contacts
the LDAP server will send you.

> Like there might be people on (e.g. seconix) who register with alias to
> a gatekeeper and others which have just 1 GM and therefore don't need a
> GK..

The only way would be to permit people to specify themselves their URL
but :
- it would require to use a non-standard attributes
- it would lead to confusion
- it could lead to possible abuse

So I prefer to keep the above approach.

> Moreover how do you plan to make the e164 transparent to the gui? How

It will simply be an URL.

> can i force GM to use E164 instead of having my asterisk catch this as a
> default extension to ISDN? Or will in that case the entire logic be
> within the asterisk and i'll have to care about e164 there?
> Basically this is: will there be a e164:0123456789 or not?

If you are using Asterisk to manage the calls, then it is Asterisk's job
to do it, not GM. Once you are using Asterisk as gateway, all calls are
going through Asterisk, so it is up to it to decide what to do.

> > Of course, you can register basically anything as alias to a gatekeeper,
> > and then use the corresponding standard field in your LDAP server to
> > call the user. For example, I could setup an LDAP server with standard
> > attributes, and decide that people have to use their firstname to
> > register to the gatekeeper. Then, the LDAP attribute to use to call
> > people on your LDAP server will be "givenname".
>
> Ouch. So if there's Matthias Marks and Matthias Redlich, which one wins?

That was an example to show any attribute can be used, not something to
do ;)

//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org