Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] GnomeMeeting on 2.6

Hi Damien,

Am Fr, den 30.01.2004 schrieb Damien Sandras um 11:41:
> Who is using the 2.6 kernel and is ready to test the latest changes with
> it?
>
> Craig, given the fact that many packagers will compile on 2.4, what is
> your suggestion?
>
> I tried on the 2.4 kernel to force the P_HAS_SEMAPHORES to 0 and I have a
> bad sound quality when compiling, which I had not with P_HAS_SEMAPHORES
> set to 1.

as i've explained following my own tests:
- sound in 2.4 under load is going noisy and bad
- sound under 2.6 is having just digital artefact *SOMETIMES* with
SEMAPHORES=1 and also only fixed *SOMETIMES* with SEMAPHORES=0

so this is nothing you can rely on it seems.. I'm still wondering if
this is not rather an issue in the ALSA itself when running under LOAD
and the SEMAPHORES cope fine with any ALSA (but that itself does get
problems with LOAD for *RECORDING*)

What i haven't tried yet is how playback on a loaded 2.6 does sound like
when being feeded with a fine and idle running 2.4/2.6 source. Has
anybody tried this?
I think it would largely help to get an insight on where the artefacts
come from (recording, playback or both)...

--
Best regards,
 Kilian