Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Quicknet and 2.6.1

Hi,
 I can tell you the results of my work so far, and what has to happen.

1) I am currently downloading mandrake 10 beta, which has 2.6.1 kernel.

2) In nixj, the Phonecard code does not initialize the dsp pointers.
   I intend to fix this. Once fixed, the phonecard will work with nixj.

3) there is a routine, ixj_attach, which is in the file ixj.c.
   this routine has to be removed, as it is not used.

4) The phonecard has some problems with nixj. If you leave it in the
   computer, running, after a while it stops working. And, on the 3rd (or
   so) insert eject it fails catastrophically. I have some extra code to tidy
   this up. I just need some time.

All the other quicknet cards (tiger jet pci, phonejack pci, linejack isa)
go fine with the 2.4 kernel.

With a bit of effort, I can make the phone card compliant with 2.6 kernel.
Consequently, all the other cards will be 2.6 kernel compliant too.

Now,
> > Johnnys latest CVS snapshot doesnt detect the presence of the quicknet card
Johnny, what is the test?
I know the old ixj driver is in the 2.6 kernel, so the card should have
been detected.
However, the linux releases do not have in /etc/modules.conf,
 alias char-major-100 ixj
so with a 2.6 distro, doing
 cat /dev/phone0 will say no module.

To test, you would have to
insmod ixj
and look for the presence of /proc/ixj
However, I have no idea if /proc exists on 2.6 boxes.

Derek.

--
Derek Smithies Ph.D.                           This PC runs pine on linux for email
IndraNet Technologies Ltd.                     If you find a virus apparently from me, it has