Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [PRE-PATCH] private struct _GmTextChat

On lun, 2004-01-26 at 15:13, Damien Sandras wrote:
> But I would like the code to be consistent, so if we are moving things
> for the text chat, we should do it for the GmWindow, which is the most
> complex structure. If you don't want to access the fields directly,
> then I guess a new API has to be done for some functions (something I
> wanted to do since a long time).

Agreed, that's why I'll probably put away some other structures/defines
in other patches.

For _GmCallsHistoryWindow, the only thing that makes its member public
is the following piece of code in ldap_window.cpp, in the function
dnd_drag_motion_cb:
  if (src_model == GTK_TREE_MODEL (chw->given_calls_list_store)
      || src_model == GTK_TREE_MODEL (chw->received_calls_list_store)
      || src_model == GTK_TREE_MODEL (chw->missed_calls_list_store)) {
==> perhaps tools.* could provide some function (to be named?) to do
that?

For the GmWindow: I think the code will need some work before it is
possible to move it elsewhere... I really have the impression there's
too much in there (some things should be in the toolbar, others in the
menu ...).

> However, I will try to do it myself in the 2 following weeks as I think
> it requires a deep knowledge of the code. I suggest you to try working
> on the bugfix for the Quickcam driver if you have time

Hmmm... I remember I wrote a mail on that  topic some time ago.