Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Increasing required time to answer a call: Opinion

Le sam 24/01/2004 à 11:48, Craig Southeren a écrit :
> > Let's summarize.
> >
> > What do you think is the best behavior for gnomemeeting?
> >
> > I propose :
> > - setting the calling time to PMaxInterval in the endpoint so that
> > GnomeMeeting doesn't stop calling until there is a reaction on the
> > remote side.
>
> Nope - don't like that.

The we are 2, I didn't like that idea either :)

> > - Add a configurable timeout between 10 and 300 seconds in gnomemeeting
> > to either reject the call for no answer (or forward it if forward on no
> > answer is selected).
>
> This is a much better solution. This is what Robert and I implemented in
> ohphone and OpenPhone.

That is the current solution in GnomeMeeting too. What I will do is
extend the above timeout to 300 seconds to be able to let the user
rejecting the call because of no answer for example after two minutes.

Actually, the timeout to reject the call or forward it has to always be
less than the calling timer.