Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] crash? crash!

On jeu, 2004-02-12 at 08:14, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Can I insist on the fact that deleting all GConf settings is not a
> solution? Damien CAN NOT guess what happens without a backtrace just
> like the mecanician can not fix your broken car without opening it and
> checking the various parts of the engine.

Physicists get information about tiny things by bombarding them with
high energy beams. But they still manage to understand things because of
the huge amount of data they get out of each experiment.

If we want good debugging with few reports, reports must be very
informative.

>  I've been doing more than my best, sleeping only a few hours per night
>  for that stupid project and the bugs that I discovered myself - because
>  nobody is doing real serious testing except a very limited number of persons -,
>  and now I'm really bored of it, of invalid bug reports for crashes and all that.
>  If people are not doing their best, I won't either. It's Open Source, it's about
> collaboration, not about one or two coders who stop sleeping to code.

I'm all for getting out of gnome or releasing 0.98.5 with it then. It's
a volunteer project, there's no boss to force a deadline. There's even
no one to force anyone to contribute.

I'd rather see 0.98.5 in next gnome, and work with Damien making fun
things in gm, than 1.00 in next gnome, and no more Damien with us.

Snark

PS: oh, and for those that don't know: I'm away next week, so that makes
one less patch-providers to help Damien -- and we're few.