Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] crash? crash!

Damien Sandras wrote:
Reading this :

<cpio> and now it's not crashing
<cpio> maybe the old config settings from the other day's cvs install
weren't good
<Baldrick> hummm, I think there were no changes in that area
<cpio> yeah
<cpio> might be me then
<cpio> it's fine now though
<cpio> lemme run it again though just to make sure
<cpio> yeah, it's fine now
<cpio> must've been something crapped out in ~/.gconf
<Baldrick> :) Well, if it crashed there must be a reason, of course :)
<Baldrick> doesn't seem to crash here :/
<cpio> ok
<Baldrick> I hope damien reads this, so mayb he can figure out what went
wrong

Can I insist on the fact that deleting all GConf settings is not a
solution? Damien CAN NOT guess what happens without a backtrace just
like the mecanician can not fix your broken car without opening it and
checking the various parts of the engine.

So well, if I still see such a bug report, without backtrace, without
any way to check how to reproduce things to fix it before 1.00, I cancel
1.00 until I have actually fixed the bug.

I am trying my best :)

Longer test time is always good I think you should make the decission
when you feel the time is right for a 1.0 relase.
I can wait for a 1.0 relase that's not a problem for me.

Right now so do I not have any problems, well the only problem as you know is the "gdb" + "fast start" problem but ppl don't run GM like that anyway so.

Given the number of weird reports I have received about 1.00, I think it
might be safe to cancel it for 1 or 2 more months and ask to remove it
from GNOME (or keep the old 0.98.5). I've been doing more than my best,
sleeping only a few hours per night for that stupid project and the bugs
that I discovered myself - because nobody is doing real serious testing
except a very limited number of persons -, and now I'm really bored of
it, of invalid bug reports for crashes and all that. If people are not
doing their best, I won't either. It's Open Source, it's about
collaboration, not about one or two coders who stop sleeping to code.

Thanks for having read my rant.