[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] How to build gnomemeeting with DISABLE_GNOME?

Hello,

I am trying to build gnomemeeting with no GNOME. (I mean that the DISABLE_GNOME
will be defined).

running ./configure and make as it is does build it with gnome.

trying
export CFLAGS="-DDISABLE_GNOME", then configure (as I saw by googling ) and make did not help ; also ./configure --disable-gnome or ./configure --without-gnome

I am using version 1.0.2 on RH9.

I had also tried to adjust src/Maklefile

instead:
CXXCOMPILE = $(CXX) -DDISABLE_GNOME $(DEFS)
comes:
CXXCOMPILE = $(CXX) -DDISABLE_GNOME $(DEFS)

But then started a series of compilation errors ; fixing one file, which
I relictantly did,ended in cause in other file, and so on.

I saw in the change log the following remark which explain something about it:
2003-04-08 Damien Sandras  <dsandras seconix com>

	* configure.in: Removed possibility to compile without GNOME using
	configure. That	possibility was initially present to ease the
	win32 port, but some distributions are misusing it and disable GNOME
	features on purpose in GnomeMeeting.

Anyhow, what is the way to build 	gnomemeeting with DISABLE_GNOME ?
Regards,
John