Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Build problems on SuSE9.1

Le jeudi 02 décembre 2004 à 17:48 +0100, Kilian Krause a écrit :
> Hi Damien,

> > > This file isn't built at some stage ; it just exists. Try to compile
> > > with the complete sources!
> > >

> > You forgot to add it to EXTRA_DIST, so it was not included in the
> > tarball generated by make dist. It will be fixed tonight.
>
> It wasn't him who forgot, but obviously yourself. I just made the

Sorry, but that file was added by Julien to CVS for the DBUS component I
think. So that's what not "obviously myself".

> tarballs with "make dist" as there was no notice this EXTRA_DIST is
> needed. If you intend on keepin this, i'd warmly welcome some minimal
> short docs what this does and in which cases it's needed.

You are right to do the tarballs with make dist. EXTRA_DIST is a
standard internal variables in the Makefiles that specifies the "EXTRA"
files to add to tarballs generated by "make dist". When
gm_events_marshalers.list was added to CVS, it was not added in the
EXTRA_DIST section of the Makefile. Not a big problem except that the
tarball doesn't compile.

No need for a doc either as it is something standard, not some fancy
stuff added and required by myself for my pleasure as you seem to
aggressively suggest it.

All EXTRA files that need to go in the tarball generated by make dist
need to be added to EXTRA_DIST. That was forgotten for this file, it is
now fixed, so you need to "make dist" again.

//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org