Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] src rpms

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 15:11, PUYDT Julien wrote:
> On mar, 2004-04-27 at 05:35, Malcolm Caldwell wrote:
> > Here is my monthly post about src rpms.
> >
> > I would like to debug gnomemeeting.  I would like to use rpms.  With src
> > rpms I know that when my bug is fixed ;) and there is a new version, all
> > I have to do is wait a while and I can upgrade gnomeeting easily and not
> > worry about old files left behind etc.
> >
> > I still cannot find the latest src rpms.
> >
> > Problems.
> >      1. The dowload page on gnomemeeting does not have src rpms.
> >      2. I cannot find on the gnommeeting web pages where to download the
> >         snapshots.
> >      3. When I found the shapshots using google (at
> >         snapshots.seconix.com) and go to the redhat rpms page I see all
> >         the code is quite old.  (eg pwlib-1.6.2)
> >
> > I participate in a once-a-month conference that crashes gnomemeeting.  I
> > was hoping to run this month with the debuginfo rpms and run under gdb
> > but it was not to be.
>
> 1) When/how does it crashes? It would be nice to have more
> information...

Sorry.  I should have mentioned it again. (Of course I did mention it
last month ;) )

I am connected to a radvision mcu.  When the mcu changes from QCIF to
CIF mid stream gm crashes.

> 2) cvs snapshots, as the name implies, are development versions, and may
> crash ;

Yes fine.  I am running a release version that does crash.  I just
wanted any version with debug symbols so I could do a bt.

In fact yesterday's conference did not crash gm - because the video
format never changed.

If I have code with debug symbols I should be able to setup a test
conference on the mcu and try to get gm to crash.

> 3) if there's no src rpms, or they're not up to date, that may be due to
> us not having someone doing them ; in that case complaining won't help:
> volunteer!

As Damien says the packagers who release binary rpms should be able to
provide src rpms as well.  (Usually it is as simple as rpmbuild -ba
instead of rpmbuild -bb)