Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] GnomeMeeting in the very near future

Hi Damien,

Am Di, den 27.04.2004 schrieb Damien Sandras um 10:18:
> > So you think the best solution is:
> > * Do not require gnome-vfs >= 2.6 in configure.in
> > * and let the bug stay there for those suing earlier version?
> >
> > Well, I think configure.in should state the real requirements, but I
> > understand what the problem is. I see two solutions:
> > a) packagers patch configure.in themselves so they can compile against
> > gnome-vfs < 2.6
> > b) we revert the requirement from cvs. But the code to load static
> > images won't work properly with old gnome-vfs.
> >
> > I would do a), but can do b) immediately if you feel is the the right
> > way to proceed.
>
> Both a) and b) are fine with me. If we are going for a), that's perfect.
> (Kilian any comments?). If we are going for b), we have to not forget to
> put the requirement again later when GNOME 2.6 is available everywhere.

technically a patch is not a problem until gnome2.6 is broadly
available.. i just wonder what's the impact of forcing this (maybe
broken) config? will the code compile, will it work? will it taint the
debugging?

--
Best regards,
 Kilian