Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] To CVS packagers

Le jeu 08/04/2004 à 16:05, Craig Southeren a écrit :
> > Of course.  The GK and endpoint will exchange RRQ/RCF messages as
> > determined by the TTL in the GK. This will normally be once per minute
> > (or so)
>
> And it has to keep an open H225 TCP channel for incoming setups too,
> right?

Craig will better answer than me here. But the H.225 TCP channel will be
opened from the endpoint to the GK and will be usable like any outgoing
NATted TCP connection.

> > Umm...no. You should use tunnelled H.245. Using non-tunnelled H.245 is
> > old-fashioned :)
>
> Didn't know that :-) But I understand...
> As for RTP, if two NAT-ted GMs want to talk to each other via a gk, they
> both have to send UDP packets to initialize the NAT tables on their
> respective side, don't they?

Yes that is right. Currently, you can not receive video for example if
you don't send a few video packets to initialize the NAT tables.